Player Source determines how you will populate your scorebook with players.
You can source players in the following ways:
Your player source needs a unique player identifier. This is the unique key by which players will be identified.
- Manual Entry - you add the players one by one [default].
- Twitter List - the twitter list is the primary source of players, whenever a player is added to the twitter list and the twitter list is polled by Rise it will add the player to your scorebook
- Google Sheet - each time the google sheet is polled any new players will be added to your player list.
- Rise Scorebook - you can use another scorebook to provide your list of players.
Supported player identifiers are:
Name is a special case as this allows you to enter just the names of players and create a leaderboard. The players are registered under the scorebook owner's account and may only be updated by the scorebook owner.
- E-mail Address
- Twitter Username
- Name (must be unique - so you can't have two John Smith's for example)
Once you have defined a player source for your scorebook you should not change it.